Orlando, FL – Fall in Orlando is the best time to service your home’s heat pump. As everyone knows, preventative maintenance can save big money. Taking action now so that you don’t need to scrabble to get the heat running when the temperature suddenly drops.
The price of a heat pump inspection and tune-up is low compared to the cost of repairing or replacing a heating system. Furthermore, who wants to come home to a frigid house and wait for a technician to arrive? Get prepared now.
Studies show that 75 percent of emergency HVAC calls in the winter are due to a lack of upkeep. These neglected heating systems can be dangerous, costly, and, of course, inconvenient. A broken unit can emit carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, and deadly gas; lead to higher energy bills; and fail when you need it most. An expert inspection and tune-up by ABC Air and Heat of Orlando will help ensure that your heating system is safe, energy efficient, and ready for the winter ahead. During a heating system inspection, our ABC Air and Heat of Orlando certified technician will probably need to:
- Check electrical connections.
- Measure voltage.
- Grease moving parts. Poor lubrication can make your furnace less energy efficient and shorten the life of your system.
- Clear the condensation drain of your home’s furnace or heat pump. A clogged drain can cause water damage, high humidity, and mold or bacteria growth.
- Test startup and shutdown the controls. Usually your thermostat settings control the start and stop cycles and must be tested to make sure that the heating system is functioning properly.
- Inspect, clean, or replace the air filter.
- Examine exhaust outlets. A buildup of carbon monoxide or other gases can result from dirty exhausts. During a fall tune-up, the chimney flue or vent stack must be inspected closely for corrosion, leaks, or back drafting.
- Survey fuel lines and connections. Leaky or disconnected fuel lines or connections can be dangerous and hurt energy efficiency. Burners with buildup soot and damaged heat exchangers also lower a system’s efficiency.
Here are a few things that you can do to improve your system’s efficiency between routine tune-ups:
- Replace air filters at least every three months, but some systems might require more frequent changes. A dirty air filter restricts air flow and causes a unit to work harder. As a result, the life of the heating system decreases while your energy bill increases.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Because you can control the temperature of your home, even remotely if you choose, you can save up to 10 percent on your energy bills.
ABC Air Conditioning & Heating Specialist in Orlando
ABC Air Conditioning & Heating Specialist in Orlando is known for being a company that genuinely cares about people and values their business. Our services include: Orlando Air Conditioning Service, Orlando Air Conditioning Installation, Orlando Air Conditioning Repair, Orlando Heating Service, Orlando Heating Installation & Orlando Heating Repair. Our commitment to service is why customer referrals are our number one source of new business. If you are looking for a quality HVAC repair company in the Orlando area, ABC Air Conditioning & Heating Specialist, Inc. is the company for you. Please call (407) 282-2280 today!